[SR-Users] KEMI, Lua external modules and nonblicking operations

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed May 10 06:38:24 CEST 2017

Hello,

a blocking operation in configuration file or kemi script is blocking
the sip worker. If your http operation is not blocking, then it is not
going to block the sip worker in kamailio. If you want to keep the sip
request until the http response arrive, suspend the transaction, do the
http query and when the response arrives, resume the transaction. See
tmx module for t_suspend()/t_continue().

On 09.05.17 12:22, Yuriy Gorlichenko wrote:
> Hi all. I m trying to use KEMI with lua and want to make call http
> client lua module (external). I want to ask: is it will block kamailio
> event loop (or somethig like it in kamailio)?
>
> For more understanding what im talking about i will provide example
> with openresty (nginx + lua)
> It uses nginx cosockets and if i will use not cosockets based module
> in openresty it will block nginx eventloop because of using network
> operations in nginx worker context.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio Advanced Training - May 22-24 (USA) - www.asipto.com
Kamailio World Conference - May 8-10, 2017 - www.kamailioworld.com