[SR-Users] handle_uri_alias persists through failure_route

David Wilson dw at zaq.com.au
Mon May 1 12:58:56 CEST 2017

Hello All,

We use registrar servers (call them A,B) for TLS connections from clients and a central routing proxy (P) that authenticates and manages all call routing.

On INVITE, P uses lookup(“location”) and handle_uri_alias() to route the INVITE to A or B depending on the AOR from REGISTER.

In failure_route I’m trying to send INVITE to a voicemail URI at host (V), using alias_db_lookup to retrieve it and sending with t_relay().  However, despite showing V as the host in the URI, the message is sent to A (or B) as if the handle_uri_alias is still in effect.

I’ve tried calling revert_uri() before the alias_db_lookup(), but this doesn’t seem to help.  Is there a way to reset the uri_alias?

The failure_route (simplified) looks like this:
failure_route[1] {
        if (method == "INVITE") {
                revert_uri();
                if (alias_db_lookup("dbaliases")) {
                        t_relay();
                }
        }
}

I have also tried using t_relay(“$rd”, “$rp”) after confirming (by logging) that the uri contains the desired values, but kamailio failed to start, with this error logged:
	ERROR: tm [tm.c:672]: fixup_hostport2proxy(): TM module:fixup_hostport2proxy: bad port number <$rp>

Any suggestions?

Best regards,
Dave.