[SR-Users] Kamailio Registration load Issue

Jade SZ jitterbuffer at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 21:09:56 CEST 2017

Hi Guys,

I am running a simple REGISTER load test on:

1) Kamailio sever with 2 cores - mem 5G
2) Kamailio server with 4 cores - mem 16G

Both are EC2 instances.

At -r = 500 i.e. 500 reg/sec sipP test works fine with very few re-trans.
But when i increase it to 800 reg/sec it starts retransmissions in bulk.

I don't see server's CPU, load-avg or memory shooting. Running everything
by default, even using kamctl to start the instance. So I have not tuned
any params yet.

My main concern is how can I make server choke and get its actual capacity,
and avoid these retransmissions as apparently kamailio is not even
utilizing 2 cores and CPU usage is under 10 always.

Results of both server is same i.e. 500 reg/sec max so I am sure there is
some problem that needs a fix, but need some hints here.

Also used multiple SIPp's to rule out if it is SIPp issue, but after 500 I
see same problem.

Regards,
JSZ