[SR-Users] rtpproxy doesn't record after start_recording

Marko Tirs marko.tirs at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 15 00:36:47 CET 2017

Hi Daniel,

yes, I hear the audio going both ways ok.

In the meantime I succeeded to record something by rtpproxy
but in best case only one direction, I can hear just the callee,
but not the caller.

In the meantime I have used start_recording in route[NATMANAGE]
but before rtpproxy_manage("co"):

if (is_method("INVITE") and (status=="200")) {
   start_recording();
}

rtpproxy_manage("co");

After reading of your message I tested also with

start_recording after rtpproxy_manage("co"):

rtpproxy_manage("co");

if (is_method("INVITE") and (status=="200")) {
   start_recording();
}

But the result was the same:

I have 2 SIP users:
31 (X-Lite on Windows, static address 192.168.0.11)
35 (Android Zoiper, IP address 192.168.0.29 (by DHCP))
Kamailio has static address 192.168.0.13.

When 35 calls 31 then I hear 1 direction in the recorded rtp file,
the voice of callee.
When 31 calls 35 then I don't hear anything in the recorded file.

I don't understand why this difference when user 31 or 35 initiates
a call!?

But I hear audio conversation in both directions, just from the
recorded file in one direction, or even nothing.

I get 2 files per one call: <call-id>.rtp and <call-id>.rtcp
How many files should rtpproxy produce for one call?
Should also a file or two for 2nd channel be generated?

How can I record both audio ways?

Thank you
Marko

The whole function route[NATMANAGE]:

# RTPProxy control
route[NATMANAGE] {
#!ifdef WITH_NAT
if (is_request()) {
if(has_totag()) {
if(check_route_param("nat=yes")) {
setbflag(FLB_NATB);
}
}
}
if (!(isflagset(FLT_NATS) || isbflagset(FLB_NATB)))
return;

if (is_method("INVITE") and (status=="200")) {
   start_recording();
}

rtpproxy_manage("co");

if (is_request()) {