[SR-Users] Dimensioning of shared memory for carrierroute

Igor Potjevlesch igor.potjevlesch at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 16:46:27 CET 2017

Hello Daniel,

Here is the result with 1000 entries: I tried on pre-production only, I can't do this with production:

shmem:fragments = 1

shmem:free_size = 733553288

shmem:max_used_size = 4644216

shmem:real_used_size = 4644216

shmem:total_size = 738197504

shmem:used_size = 3280576

Same server with all entries:

shmem:fragments = 1

shmem:free_size = 463443800

shmem:max_used_size = 274753704

shmem:real_used_size = 274753704

shmem:total_size = 738197504

shmem:used_size = 80521648

And with all entries actually with production started since 4 hours:

shmem:fragments = 53133

shmem:free_size = 60314640

shmem:max_used_size = 681270248

shmem:real_used_size = 677882864

shmem:total_size = 738197504

shmem:used_size = 243119832

Active registrations are around 200. There are also 325000 aliases.

About call setups per second, based on the busiest day of the week, I see 95 CAPS.

Regards,

Igor.