[SR-Users] Scaling websockets over SIP

Jade SZ jitterbuffer at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 07:41:16 CET 2017

mistakenly pressed sent earlier, here is complete query.

If we want to use multiple kamailio servers for WebRTC based user agents,
what would be the best practice:

1) WS/WSS Outbound/Edge Proxy
       In this case would it not become a single point of failure? e.g. if
we have a wss edge proxy, would registrars under it be on plain SIP? if so
this WSS Edge Proxy should handle media then ? or the nodes should handle ?

2) Each UA mapped to a specific SIP URI and then routing of calls based on
shared DB socket id (to the registrar server of that UA) - it is not a
generic approach as each proxy will have its own address, making client
side to be restricted to use one proxy only.

Looking forward to some directions here. Thanks