[SR-Users] Add extra headers on HTTP requests in Kamailio v5

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 15:25:17 CEST 2017

Hello,

apparently that feature was not migrated in http_client, being
overlooked when the variant from utils modules was removed.

I just pushed a patch for it in master branch. If you can test it and
report if all works fine, then I will consider backporting it to 5.0,
given it is like a regression.

Otherwise, I haven't seen an option to provide custom headers to
functions in http_client module, but http_async_client has this option,
and I expect (not checked the code) that together with disabling suspend
option should be like a synchronous query.

On 29.06.17 20:47, Joel Serrano wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there a way to add extra headers with http_client_query() from
> http_client module?
>
> In current http_query() from utils module, according to the doc, you
> can add a custom header:
>
> /4. Functions/
> /4.1.  http_query(url, [post-data], [header-data], result)
> /
> /.../
> /If you want to add additional headers to the request, you have to
> define the “header”-data, that should be submitted in that request as
> the third parameter. If this parameter is empty, it is not set.
> /
> /.../
>
> and I have that working with the following:
>
> http_query("https://example.com/api", "param1=value1&param2=value2",
> "Cookie: apikey=super_secret_api_key", "$var(call_info)");
>

> The problem is that http_query() is removed in Kamailio v5, and the
> http_client_query() only has the ability to add specifically the
> content-type header:
>
> /4. Functions/
> /4.1.  http_connect(connection, url, [content_type, data,] result)
> /
> /.../
> /content_type - Used only when posting data with HTTP POST. An
> Internet Media type, like "application/json" or "text/plain". Will be
> added to the HTTP request as a header.
> /
> /.../
>

> Is there another way to add a custom header to a http request with the
> http_client module?
>
> Any workarounds for this?
>

> Thanks,
> Joel.