[SR-Users] Detect network range in UDP traffic

Daniel Tryba d.tryba at pocos.nl
Tue Jun 27 11:15:31 CEST 2017

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 11:03:00AM +0200, Emanuele Gambaro wrote:
> Hi to all
> I have the following scenario (Kamailio 5 and rtpproxy)
> *) Bob on a wifi network calls Alice
> *) During the call, Bob losts his wifi network (and so also changes his IP address)
> *) The RTP flow is interrupted
>
> With asterisk, disabling “Strict RTP” option, the flow does not interrupts: Asterisk detect the new IP address and sends the audio packets to the new IP address.
>
> It is possible to setup this behavior also with Kamailio?

Don't know about rtpproxy, but rtpengine has the following option that
implements your use case:

"media handover

Similar to the strict source option, but instead of dropping packets
when the source address or port don't match, the endpoint address will
be re-learned and moved to the new address. This allows endpoint
addresses to change on the fly without going through signalling again.
Note that this opens a security hole and potentially allows RTP streams
to be hijacked, either partly or in whole."