[SR-Users] Better place to change the FROM header for every INVITE

Daniel Tryba d.tryba at pocos.nl
Thu Jun 22 16:50:19 CEST 2017

On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 04:33:51PM +0200, Emanuele Gambaro wrote:
> I need to change the FROM header for every invite and replace the
> caller username with another data taken from mysql database.  Which is
> the best place in kamailio routes to do a uac_replace_from ?
>
> It is correct to change the FROM header before the dialog creation, in
> “RELAY” route, just before the t_relay()?

You can call these function only once per branch, you might want to
do it not in RELAY but in the t_on_branch route (if used used in your
setup).

route[RELAY] {
        # enable additional event routes for forwarded requests
        # - serial forking, RTP relaying handling, a.s.o.
        if (is_method("INVITE|SUBSCRIBE")) {
                t_on_branch("MANAGE_BRANCH");
                t_on_reply("MANAGE_REPLY");
        }
        if (is_method("INVITE")) {
                t_on_failure("MANAGE_FAILURE");
        }

        if (!t_relay()) {
                sl_reply_error();
        }
        exit;
}

branch_route[MANAGE_BRANCH] {

        uac_replace_from("$avp(uacfromdisplay)","$avp(uacfromuri)");
}