[SR-Users] Using reserved keywords in cfg variables

Paul Claudiu Boriga paul.boriga at 1and1.ro
Fri Jun 2 13:16:43 CEST 2017

Hello all,

We found out that when using cfg variables certain keywords are not
allowed, and Kamailio logs a generic error:
<core> [cfg.y:3368]: yyerror_at(): parse error in config file
/etc/kamailio/kamailio.cfg, line 256, column 9-14: syntax error

For example we cannot use words like enable/disable for var name or
group name but we can use disabled or enabled:

group_name.enable = 1 descr "test variable"

Looking into the cfg.lex file, I noticed that these are keywords which
will be interpreted as values (I don't have too much experience with
flex/bison so I am not sure I got this right).

We have been using Kamailio 4.4 to test this, but I think it is not
specific to a version.

Is this behavior documented somewhere? If not, where should it be
documented? Also can we have a more specific log message in this case?

Thank you,

Claudiu Boriga.