[SR-Users] Configuration to use rtpengine for SRTP

David Cunningham dcunningham at voisonics.com
Thu Jul 27 06:01:44 CEST 2017

Hi Daniel,

Thanks very much for that reply. We now detect whether the destination is
using TLS successfully using $ru and pcre_match().

Now when we call Asterisk -> Kamailio+rtpengine -> TLS phone, the TLS phone
rings but the call drops immediately when it answers. The issue is that
Asterisk doesn't like the 200 OK from the phone, which contains SRTP
information. The error logged by Asterisk is "Rejecting secure audio stream
without encryption details". I've included the SDP below.

Our questions now are:
1) Our goal is to have Kamailio+rtpengine act as a TLS/SRTP <--> Plain
SIP/RTP bridge. Is it possible to configure Kamailio so that Asterisk never
sees the encryption information in the 200 OK?
2) Is there anything wrong with the SDP returned by the TLS phone? For
example, you mentioned before SDES SRTP and I wonder if the type of SRTP is
not acceptable for some reason.

SDP received by Asterisk:

v=0
o=- 1501126711 1501126711 IN IP4 10.100.3.246
s=Polycom IP Phone
c=IN IP4 10.100.3.246
t=0 0
a=sendrecv
m=audio 2224 RTP/SAVP 0 101
a=sendrecv
a=crypto:1 AES_CM_128_HMAC_SHA1_80
inline:W3V1lIbwyW1DzSmx8/AFFttKNJaoAM6kux0AcLtp
a=rtpmap:0 PCMU/8000
a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000

The part of the Kamailio configuration which handles rtpengine is:

                if ( nat_uac_test( "8" ) ) {
                        rtpengine_manage( "force replace-origin
replace-session-connection rtcp-mux-accept rtcp-mux-offer ICE=force
RTP/SAVPF" );
                } else {
                        rtpengine_manage( "force trust-address
replace-origin replace-session-connection rtcp-mux-accept rtcp-mux-offer
ICE=force RTP/SAVPF" );
                }

Thanks again.

--