[SR-Users] xavp questions (variables in root/branch)

Vasiliy Ganchev vancecezar at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 11:09:34 CEST 2017

Hi, community!

I have a question regarding xavp usage.

according to docs, xavp has format:
$xavp(root=>branch)="value";

I want to use "root" and "branch" - variables. (as it is implemented with
AVPs - the id there, can be variable)
e.g.:

    $var(root_key) = "root_1";
    $var(branch_key1) = "key_value1";
    $xavp($var(root_key)[0]=>$var(branch_key1)) = "some_value";

Playing around with the script - I found that it is currently impossible
(tested with 4.2.5 and 5.2.0 versions).
Kamailio interprets variables in "root" and "branch" as static strings.

Walking through the mailing list history, I have an impression that xavp are
originally designed to operate only with constant keys.

The question is: is it planned to add functionality with variables as "root"
and "branch" components?

Thanks in advance for the answers!

Best regards