[SR-Users] about rtpengine-[offer-answer] via-branch flag

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Tue Jul 18 11:11:36 CEST 2017

Sebastian Damm writes:

> In serial forking, the new INVITE could go out before the CANCEL is
> sent out. If that happens, the Via branch is needed to not kill the
> whole call.

There would not be a CANCEL when a serial branch returns negative
response. In the case where waiting for final response from a branch
times out, there would be cancel, but also a proxy generated negative
response.  I would think that in both cases it is safe to delete the
whole call in failure route and then make a new rtpengine-offer.

-- Juha