[SR-Users] rtpengine: Failed to open UDP control connection port

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Jul 17 06:43:15 CEST 2017

Reading further into this error message, it sounds like you are using an
init script for RTPengine which attempts to install the -j RTPENGINE
rule for both the IPv4 and IPv6 netfilter tables, which are separate,
using iptables and ip6tables respectively. I believe that is what the
stock Sipwise init scripts / systemd units do.

If IPv6 is disabled on your host, that's not going to work. Try
commenting out the ip6tables line (but not the iptables line) in the
rtpengine init script / unit and see if it makes a difference.

-- Alex

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 04:38:24PM +1200, David Cunningham wrote:

> Starting RTP/media proxy: rtpengineiptables v1.4.21: unknown option "--id"
> Try `iptables -h' or 'iptables --help' for more information.
> ip6tables v1.4.21: can't initialize ip6tables table `filter': Address
> family not supported by protocol
> Perhaps ip6tables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)