[SR-Users] Kamilio new user - help get going

Joel Serrano joel at gogii.net
Fri Jul 14 18:14:21 CEST 2017

My 2cents:

- Agree, Kamailio training makes your life easier. Specially because even
if you know SIP (if you don't that complicates everything), you need to
understand how Kamailio works internally, what are dialogs, transactions,
branches, etc, the different route blocks, blablabla, what goes where... To
be honest, once you understand that, you can do literally whatever you
want. If you don't know something, you can ask and someone will give you
some help, and when you read it, you will actually understand what whoever
is trying to say. Why I'm saying this? Because I could answer your
questions to the point, and still you would get a system running but you
would have no idea of why or how it works, so what happens when you run
into an issue?

- To the point, you probably need different sets of domains and dispatcher
groups, and then depending on where the call is going to, route to a
specific dispatcher group? This is just an initial suggestion, as you
haven't given many details, there are just so many ways of doing things
that we would need a little more information on how EXACTLY do you need
things to work...