[SR-Users] host to get name of local server

Henry Fernandes henry at usinternet.com
Wed Jul 5 17:01:48 CEST 2017

I ended up using $HN().

https://www.kamailio.org/wiki/cookbooks/4.2.x/pseudovariables#hn_key_-_hostname_details

From: Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com<mailto:miconda at gmail.com>>
Date: Monday, July 3, 2017 at 1:03 AM
Subject: Re: [SR-Users] host to get name of local server

Hello,

On 29.06.17 18:11, Henry Fernandes wrote:
We have multiple Kamailio 4.4.x servers and I am setting up stats tracking.  I would like to track the stats for each individual Kamailio server separately like so:

kamailio_1.sip.register.count
kamailio_2.sip.register.count
kamailio_3.sip.register.count

The problem is that we use one common file (in version control) for our Kamailio configuration.  Thus, I can’t just hardcode the hostname into the file because it will be the same for each server.

Does anyone have a solution for me?  Is there a variable that provides the hostname or is there something else I can do?

Ideally, I’d love to be able to do something like this.

statsd_incr($host_name + “.sip.register.count");

one option would be to define it via command line parameter with -A option. Your start script can set it using the usual shell scripts.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
www.twitter.com/miconda<http://www.twitter.com/miconda> -- www.linkedin.com/in/miconda<http://www.linkedin.com/in/miconda>
Kamailio Advanced Training - www.asipto.com<http://www.asipto.com>
Kamailio World Conference - www.kamailioworld.com<http://www.kamailioworld.com>