[SR-Users] Using lock() correctly

Sebastian Damm damm at sipgate.de
Mon Jul 3 17:01:21 CEST 2017

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 4:22 PM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla
<miconda at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you paste here the parameters for cfgutils module related to locks?

Wow, that's what I missed. I didn't set any parameter at all. I didn't
expect the locking to not work at all if I don't set it. I thought
there was a reasonable default value, which I only have to tune if
needed. After setting

modparam("cfgutils", "lock_set_size", 4)

the locking works as expected. Maybe that should be added to
documentation. I'll create a PR.

So I should set the size to something greater than the amount of
concurrent locks expected later? Is there a maximum?

Best Regards and many thanks,
Sebastian