[SR-Users] Ansible Kamailio role

Ludovic Gasc gmludo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 22:09:58 CET 2017

Hi,

Thanks a lot to share these Ansible playbooks, it was instructive.
Alberto, I've a small question: I'm interested in to know what is the
reasons you decide to compile Kamailio ?
Because, for now, we deploy Kamailio with http://deb.kamailio.org/
repository and we are very happy about the quality of packages.

FYI, we replaced 2 years ago Puppet by Ansible to maintain our telephony
production.
It was a big win for us, especially because the entry ticket to learn is
very low compare to Puppet => You can "convert" more or less easily a
sysadmin who uses bash or python script into a "devops" => You have more
people enable to understand what's going on your production => you reduce
the SPOF effect.

However, if you are happy with puppet/cfengine/chef/..., you can keep that
;-) its do the job also pretty well: I speak only in term of learning curve
for new comers.
But if you have nothing for:
1. reproduce the same deployments all the time
2. track the system changes via SCM tool like Git

I definitively recommend you to add Ansible in your tests to decide the
tool.

Have a nice week-end.
--
Ludovic Gasc (GMLudo)