[SR-Users] Using DNS for Service Discovery with Kamailio

Casco, Alessio alessio.casco at nexmo.com
Wed Jan 25 17:30:36 CET 2017

Hello Guys!

I'd like to be able to use SRV records inside dispatcher groups, so I can
automatise the discovery of new backends on my network using DNS

I've tried with the following formats into the dispatcher.list file:

$group  _sip._udp.sip-voice_backends
$group  sip-voice_backends

and none looks to be working, running the kamailio_ctl dispatcher.list
won't show me the group set with SRV records. ( I also try NAPTR records,
with no luck as well.)

* Does the dispatcher module support SRV or NAPTR records? (maybe my format
is not correct)
* If not, do you have any other idea on what I could do to achieve what I'd
like to do?

Thanks
Alessio