[SR-Users] "Named Telephone Event" (I think) problem

Pete Kelly pkelly at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 15:19:44 CET 2017

Hi

I am running Kamailio 4.4 and have come across a strange SBC which is
sending DTMF within the SDP body of a NOTIFY with a Content-Type
audio/telephone-event.

Has anybody come across this before?

The content itself comes through on a tcpdump/ngrep trace as four dots
"...." and Kamailio puts an empty string into the logs if I try to log the
contents of $rb, however Wireshark manages to decode it as something
readable "\005\000\a\320" and usable. (essentially the digit 5)

Is there any way I can get access to this decoded version within Kamailio
at all? Even if I have to pass it out to an external program?

Many thanks for any help anyone can offer!

Pete