[SR-Users] Please explain : t_relay() vs t_relay_to_udp()

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 19:55:54 CET 2017

Hello,

On 18/01/2017 18:07, Abdoul Osséni wrote:
> hello all,
>
> I want to use kamailio like as a proxy SIP (outbound proxy) to
> transcode tls to udp like us:
>
> call flow is:
> Softphone  --> tls --> Kamailio server (kamailio listen on 443 port)
>  --> udp --> Asterisk server (asterisk listen on 5060 port)
>
> I know Kamailio can convert tls to udp.
>
> According tm documentation
> http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/devel/modules/tm.html, I think I must
> use t_relay_to_udp().
>
> Do you confirm I must replace t_relay() function by t_relay_to_udp()
> function?
You have to replace it only for the initial request sent to Asterisk.
Then be sure you do record routing and the requests within the dialog
should be let via t_relay().

Another option is to set $du to asterisk address for the initial INVITE
and then use t_relay() always.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio World Conference - May 8-10, 2017 - www.kamailioworld.com