[SR-Users] Kamailio not processing SIP TCP

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 17:29:39 CET 2017

Hey Daniel,

Yes, I'm familiar with the methods sipcapture uses, I don't use HEP,
using raw socket capture, I think this may be a sipcapture issue,
debuging kamailio shows normal startup and processing of UDP SIP
packets, but does not show any activity with TCP packets. I have
enabled/disabled the different capture methods and no TCP SIP packets
are processed. Also, I didn't mention before I'm testing on 2
different instances, one is a Homer 3.5 (Kamailio 4.1.2) and another
is Homer 5.0 (Kamailio 4.4.0). I'll post to the Homer list and see
what they say.

Thanks.

JR

> is it this about a sipcature node? If yes, then it receives the packets
> over HEP, meaning that is not going to the normal processing path.
> Kamailio detects it is not a SIP packet, executes some callbacks for
> non-sip packets registered by modules (in this case sipcapture). The
> module detecting it's a packet for it, can execute the request_route
> once it builds a local sip packet.
>
> To troubleshoot further, run with debug=3 in kamailio.cfg and see what
> you get in the logs.
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel
>
> On 13/01/2017 16:33, JR Richardson wrote:
>> Iptables is not blocking, but it was worth a check.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> JR
>>

>> I assume you have ruled out firewall? It's something that can nab even
>> experienced people:
>>
>> # iptables -Ln
>>
>> -- Alex
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 03:25:27PM -0600, JR Richardson wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Just enabled SIP TCP on a homer capture server, I can see the SIP TCP
>>> Sessions on the server with ngrep, just like all the UDP traffic. I
>>> have Kamailio listening on TCP ports but its not capturing any TCP
>>> traffic.
>>>
>>> kamailio.cfg:
>>>
>>> #disable_tcp=yes
>>> listen=tcp:10.99.99.99:5060    #monitor port
>>> listen=udp:10.99.99.99:5060   #monitor port
>>>
>>> loadmodule "pv.so"
>>> loadmodule "db_mysql.so"
>>> loadmodule "sipcapture.so"
>>> loadmodule "textops.so"
>>> loadmodule "rtimer.so"
>>> loadmodule "xlog.so"
>>> loadmodule "sqlops.so"
>>> loadmodule "htable.so"
>>> loadmodule "sl.so"
>>> loadmodule "siputils.so"
>>>

>>> modparam("sipcapture", "capture_on", 1)
>>> modparam("sipcapture", "hep_capture_on", 0)
>>> modparam("sipcapture", "raw_socket_listen", "10.99.99.99:5060-5070")
>>> modparam("sipcapture", "raw_interface", "eth1")
>>> modparam("sipcapture", "raw_ipip_capture_on", 0)
>>> modparam("sipcapture", "table_name", "sip_capture")
>>> modparam("sipcapture", "raw_sock_children", 4)
>>> modparam("sipcapture", "db_insert_mode", 0)
>>> modparam("sipcapture", "raw_moni_capture_on", 1)
>>> modparam("sipcapture", "promiscious_on", 1)
>>> modparam("sipcapture", "raw_moni_bpf_on", 1)
>>> modparam("sipcapture", "capture_node", "homer02")