[SR-Users] Diameter AVP handling from kamaiio.cfg

Carsten Bock carsten at ng-voice.com
Mon Jan 9 08:50:02 CET 2017

Hi Zoltan,

i've added something like this for the IMS-Charging Module in order to
retrieve the "full" Charging Response:

            case -1: #failure
                xlog("L_ERR", "CCR failure - error response sent from
module\n");
switch ($avp(s:cca_result_code)){
case 5030:
send_reply("403", "Charging User not found");
               break;
case 5031:
send_reply("403", "Rating failed");
               break;
case 4010:
send_reply("402", "Payment required - Unsufficient funds");
               break;
case 5006:
send_reply("486", "Line limit exceeded");
               break;
default:
send_reply("402","Payment required ($avp(s:cca_result_code))");
               break;
}

(it's in the Master repo/example:
https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/blob/master/misc/examples/scscf/kamailio.cfg)

In addition, I have a generic Diameter Client/Server Module, which
unfortunately was not finished for Kamailio 5 (development branch is
frozen at the moment), but in that case, you'll have to do all the
processing yourself. We currently use it as a "Diameter Adapter",
which takes a Diameter Request and forwards it through a message bus
to worker processes (acting as a HSS).

Thanks,
Carsten

> Hi,
>
> Is somebody ever tried to manipulate and retrieve AVP variables from the
> Sent/Received Diameter Messages via Config file?
> Thank you very much in advance!
>
> Cheers,
> Zoltan
>
> On 4 January 2017 at 20:37, Zoltán Miricz <zoltan.miricz at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Dear All,
>>
>> I'm wondering is it possible to catch Diameter Messages and their AVP
>> values from kamailio.cfg just like for SIP messages? (Using pseudo
>> variables)
>>
>> I looked into this function from the attached S-CSCF example.
>>
>> route[REG_MAR_REPLY]
>> {
>>
>> #this is async so to know status we have to check the reply avp
>>
>> xlog("L_DBG","maa_return code is $avp(s:maa_return_code)\n");
>>
>> Sadly it gives back only 1, -1, -2. (which is based on cxdx_mar.c the rc)
>> What I mainly looking for is the EXPERIMENTAL_RESULT (experimental_rc) and
>> some different AVP values besides.
>>

>> Thank you very much in advance!
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Zoltan

Carsten Bock
CEO (Geschäftsführer)

ng-voice GmbH
Millerntorplatz 1
20359 Hamburg / Germany

http://www.ng-voice.com
mailto:carsten at ng-voice.com

Office +49 40 5247593-40
Fax +49 40 5247593-99

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 120189
Geschäftsführer: Carsten Bock
Ust-ID: DE279344284

Hier finden Sie unsere handelsrechtlichen Pflichtangaben:
http://www.ng-voice.com/imprint/