[SR-Users] Kamailio as loadbalancer + NAT pinning

Vladyslav Zakhozhai v.zakhozhai at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 15:07:20 CET 2017

Daniel, thank you for your answer.

You did not understand me completely. This is my fault.

Let me put it this way. I want kamailio to handle NAT (fixing nat only from
client's side) not being registrar itself. This also includes nat pinning.
usrloc module is a dependency for nat pinning in nathelper module.

Request: UAC behind NAT ===> kamailio == fixed contact ==> freeswitch
Respnse: freeswitch == 200 OK ==> kamailio (store contact in usrloc, start
pinning) == 200 OK ==> UAC behind NAT

Kamailio starts pinning UACs behind NAT only after successful
authentication and registration on freeswitch box.

No nat fixes between kamailio and freeswitch (only from UAC).

> On Tue, Jan 03, 2017 at 12:58:20PM +0200, Vladyslav Zakhozhai wrote:
> > The main question here is about nat pinning. Acctording to module doc (
> > http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/4.4.x/modules/nathelper.html) I need
> > nathelper module and usrloc module.
> >
> > So I can proxy REGISTER requests to freeswitch boxes and in onreply_route
> > check for REGISTER statuses:
> > 1. if no success we use pike to limit bruteforce attacks
> > 2. if success I need to save contact to usrloc db table
>
> I don't know the answer to your question, but why do you need to save
> the contact in usrloc?  If it is not to store a fixed freeswitch backend
> for a client (for INVITEs to that client), don't do it.
>
> Just block (successive) failures to authenticate.

С уважением,
Владислав Захожай