[SR-Users] sip over websockets sip uri

Jade SZ jitterbuffer at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 08:04:41 CET 2017

Hi Team,

Question:

Just wanted to clarify regarding SIP URI in webrtc (over sip) connection.

e.g. if we have a scenario where Kamailio is hosted with websocket support.
Websocket URI is used to send packets to to wss/ws address and the SIP URI
goes with it. I have tested it with any SIP URI including any domain and it
works if I authenticate that domain, regardless that domain is real or not.

// client side SIP URI config

var configuration = {
  uri     : 'sip:alice at example.com',
};

Can we use any central domain for sip uri similar to realm concept and send
traffic to multiple kamailio servers through websocket LB.

dummy.domain - for ws/wss SIP URI

kamailio-a.domain.com
kamailio-b.domain.com

Thanks in advance.