[SR-Users] nathelper module fix_nated_register(); question

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 09:27:24 CET 2017

On 08/02/2017 20:33, JR Richardson wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Just confirming when using nathelper, the fix_nated_register function
> is only used to write corrected contact into to $avp then to database,
> this function does not actually change the contact in the SIP message
> when passing through the proxy, correct?
>
> fix_nated_contact is used to actually change the SIP message contact
> when passing through the proxy. I'm using kamailio 4.2.

You should use set_contact_alias() togheter with handle_ruri_alias()
instead of fix_nated_contact(). It is safer for devices that are strict
on checking r-uri.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio Advanced Training - Mar 6-8 (Europe) and Mar 20-22 (USA) - www.asipto.com
Kamailio World Conference - May 8-10, 2017 - www.kamailioworld.com