[SR-Users] SIP message order

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 08:06:10 CET 2017

Hello,

no, Kamailio doesn't reorder any packets it receives/sends. It cannot
know that something else was sent and it needs to way.

Probably you can add some delays in kamailio processing, so another
worker will sent the other message first, if you know what to expect on
the wire. But if it is just a corner case, it is a rather dangerous
solution, because it can decrease the performances.

However, the SIP endpoints should be able to cope with such situation,
because this can be happen even if kamailio is receiving and sending on
the right order, the last leg of the network can send the first message
with more delay due to congestion on the ip path.

If you provide more details about what is breaking this out of order,
then maybe we can look for more specific solutions.

On 30/01/2017 23:33, Andy Chen wrote:
> Hello sr-users,
>
> First of all, I'm new to this forum so any help would be greatly
> appreciated as my Kamailio knowledge is somewhat limited.  Thanks for
> your patience.
>
> So to the question at hand.  If the originator of the SIP method sends
> SIP messages out of order, does the Kamailio put them back in order
> before relaying it to the destination device?  I'm seeing where the
> 200 OK was sent first before the SIP UPDATE within the same CSeq number.
>
> The reason I'm asking is because I'm seeing this behavior now with UDP
> transport protocol and I'm trying to justify why we don't need to
> switch to TCP to fix this issue.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --Andy

Daniel-Constantin Mierla