[SR-Users] loose_route ACK and BYE

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 13:33:47 CET 2017

Hi,

I've fixed a loose_route problem with a broken gateway.

Essentially gateway sends ACKs and BYEs with an unroutable contact
header (i.e. it sticks the address of the proxy into the header,
rather than the destination UA address).

This is all on the same network, so there is not NAT.

So by caching the contact URI to for replies back to the gateway, I
can populate $ru to forward the ACK or BYE back to the correct UA.

However, what I've noticed is that for BYEs, I also need to set the
$du variable in addition to $ru. But this is required for ACKs.

This is not a problem per se, but I'm interesting to know why - could
anybody explain?

Cheers,

Ben