[SR-Users] Trying to fail a call over after 200 OK

iTalk IP Support Department support at italkip.com
Wed Dec 27 17:23:54 CET 2017

Hi Everyone:

I would appreciate your insight regarding a problem we are trying to solve.

We are using Kamailio (4.1.8) along with multiple asterisk (13 and above)
clusters for various telephony features. We are using the dispatcher module
to send calls to the asterisk clusters in round robin and failover
algorithms.

We need a solution to fail a call and hand it over to another asterisk
server after Kamailio has received a 200OK from Asterisk server A. I
understand the failover works before the 200OK is sent from asterisk A and
calls can easily be sent to asterisk B but again the challenge here to fail
the call over to another asterisk server after a 200OK is received from the
first one.

If this is impossible I was wondering if refer and re-direct is an option to
get this done. Thanks in advance for looking at this and for your responses.