[SR-Users] Do configuration script file comes under GPL License?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 14:08:56 CET 2017

Hello,

On 18.12.17 07:58, Seshu Kumar G wrote:

>     Hello Everyone,
>

> We are using only modifying Kamailio configuration files (In IMS
> application), to tune to our application,  without modifying any
> underlying software.
>
> Does configuration script files comes under GPL License?

as far as I know, config files were not exposed to the license of the
application. But I am not a lawyer to really confirm this rule.

On the other hand, if needed to clarify this aspect, have it simple and
straight, we can explicitly make config files shipped as part of
kamailio distribution under public domain.

If anyone has other opinions or suggestions, let's discuss them.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio World Conference - May 14-16, 2018 - www.kamailioworld.com