[SR-Users] Fwd: ACK issue TCP in NATed network

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 14:04:45 CET 2017

Hello,

On 18.12.17 05:36, Seshu Kumar wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> Can someone kindly answer my query below, i am stuck up badly.
>
> regards
> GS Kumar
>
> On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 12:47 PM, Seshu Kumar <gskumar12345 at gmail.com
> <mailto:gskumar12345 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hello Everyone,
>
>     We are using Kamailio IMS (version 5.0.4). We are using Jitsi for
>     making calls.
>     Our SIP clients are behind NATed network.
>     When clients and P-Server is configured to UDP mode, we are able
>     to make calls sucessfully.
>     When clients and P-Server is configured to TCP mode, call is not
>     getting through.
>
>     From logs I found that ACK is not being sent from P-Server to Client.
>
>     On googling i found that this is known problem.

can you point to the pages you found that show it is a known problem to
see what is there about?

If the client is not keeping the connection open, kamailio cannot
connect to a device behind nat -- this could be a reason. Otherwise, run
with debug=3 and look at log messages to see if there is something that
can give you hints about what happens.

>     Can anyone kindly clarify whether this problem is resolved?
>     Is there is work around.
>     Am i not setting any parameter properly?
>     Let us know if further information is needed.
>
>     Kindly some answer, we are newbies...  :)
>
>     Regards
>     GS Kumar

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio World Conference - May 14-16, 2018 - www.kamailioworld.com