[SR-Users] Flow Diagram for WebRTC Client1 => WebRTC Client2 (via Kamailio and Asterisk)

Wilkins, Steve swwilkins at mitre.org
Fri Dec 15 21:43:54 CET 2017

Hi Joel,

I have tried this along with setting outbound_proxy.  Client2 sees the call from Client1, I click on “Answer” and the call eventually just drops, although the camera showing myself does come on after I click on “Answer”.  Others on this board have given it a real try to help, but I fear I am missing some deep concept. Note: I have looked at tcpdumps and asterisk logs for a few weeks now!

Just for grins, here are my test cases.

For the sake of making things a little easier to read I will define –
Asterisk Server: AS
Kamailio Server KS
WebRTC Client1 and Client2 are WebRTC (tryit) instances both using chrome

Test1 (tryit configured to go to AS via wss): Client1 can call Client2;  Client2 answers and I can see Audio/Video on both Client1 and Client2 (Success!);
The tcpdump (AS) shows no SIP, RTP, SRTP activity, but a lot of UDP activity.

Test2 (tryit configured to go KS via wss): Client1 calls Client2, Client2 rings and show’s “ANSWER” and after I answer Client1 hangs up (Failure!)

Test3 (tryit configured to go KS via wss): Client1 calls an Asterisk Dial-Plan which plays audio and video (Success!)