[SR-Users] TOPOS - record timeouts

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 09:13:16 CET 2017

Hello,

On 09.12.17 03:00, Daniel W. Graham wrote:

> Looking for clarification on how the timers work, such as
> ‘dialog_expire’.
>

> Are these hard-set timeouts meaning if a dialog lasts longer than
> ‘dialog_expire’ there could be risk of the dialog not completing
> successfully?
>

> If yes, any plans to integrate with DIALOG module to keep topos
> records up-to-date per active dialogs?

the dialog_expire is used only when the BYE is not received during that
duration, if a call ends before, the associated records are deleted. Not
receiving a BYE is very rare and if dialog module is used on some node
in the network (or a media server/gateway with session expires enabled),
it will send the BYE. So you can set for topos larger value for
dialog_expires, this is like a safety option for topos alone.

Personally I do not plan any tighter integration with dialog module, if
one adds something and makes it configurable via mod params, it will be
considered for merging if all is ok with the code.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio World Conference - May 14-16, 2018 - www.kamailioworld.com