[SR-Users] Forwarding Registration to Asterisk

Wilkins, Steve swwilkins at mitre.org
Wed Dec 6 19:33:59 CET 2017

Hello All,

Problem: My main issue is that when I "REGISTER" a client via Kamailio, and I attempt to "Dial" a different endpoint within an Asterisk Dial Plan, Asterisk throws an error stating that the endpoint (the number I am dialing via "Dial") is not registered or reachable. However, commands like "Playback" do work correctly for the client I "REGISTERED" via Kamailio.
   E.g. I register client 10001 in Kamailio, I then register another client 10002 in Kamalio; both 10001 and 10002 can exercise an Asterisk Dial Plan which will play videos/audio (No Problem).  But, now I want 10001 to Call (Dial) 10002; it is at this point that Asterisk throws the error "10002 is not registered or reachable".

I have tried many of the suggestion on many different help boards (several times) but I am still unable to forward a registration from Kamailio to Asterisk.

With my current Kamailio configuration (I do use dispatching), I see , via tcpdump, Asterisk receiving a "REGISTER" request, and Asterisk sends back the "unauthorized" as expected, however, Kamailio does not re-send the "REGISTER" as is customary.  I am not sure of the next step to take, but I feel I have a couple of options.

  *   I can continue to try and figure out why Kamailio is not sending the second "REGISTER" (I have not yet been able to figure this out).
  *   Tell Asterisk to not require authentication.  (I am using pjsip and do not know how to not require authentication in Asterisk when the request is from Kamailio).

I have put a lot of time into this one, and I am at a sticking point.  Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thank you,