[SR-Users] Dialog Module Hash Size vs Number of Dialogs

Mark Blackford mblackford at digiumcloud.com
Mon Dec 4 21:28:08 CET 2017

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your responses.  This discussion has been very useful.

Our code is along the lines that you suggest in which we are using some
database ops prior to the dialog calls to gather if the user is call
limited and if so, the provisioned users "max calls allowed" per billing
party.  Then, we check their current active profile size:
get_profile_size("prepaid", "$avp(s:billing_party)", "$avp(profile_size)");

If they have available calls, we are using a dialog profile called
"prepaid" with a limit set per user (aka billing_party):
set_dlg_profile("prepaid", "$avp(s:billing_party)");

So, it sounds like from what you describe, I will set my hash size to be a
few times larger than my forecasted profile size to keep matching
operations to a minimal.  And since dialogs timeout anyway if they are not
cleared by a proper BYE, a memory leak of uncleared dialogs is highly
unlikely.

Thank you for your assistance.  Hopefully we will meet again soon, and I
can share how the solution turns out.
Mark Blackford
Digium Cloud Services