[SR-Users] Using dispatcher's algorithm 12

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 10:05:25 CET 2017

Actually, dispatcher works for incoming requests that are going to be
sent out. You generate the requests locally using uac, so no effect on
such case when using dispatcher functions. In this case, the equivalent
of $du is $uac_req(duri), $ru is $uac_req(ruri).

Your solution to loop with ds_next_dst() looks like a good option.

On 03.12.17 03:31, George Diamantopoulos wrote:
> Never mind, uac seems to ignore $du variables and only sends to uri
> set with $uac_req(ruri)... Did a loop over ds_next_dst() while $du !=
> $null and achieved the same effect...
>
> On 2 December 2017 at 23:32, George Diamantopoulos
> <georgediam at gmail.com <mailto:georgediam at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Also, what happens when two entries in the same set have the same
>     priority and algorithm "8" is used? Does it round-robin among
>     them? Or does it always select the first one? Thanks!
>
>     On 2 December 2017 at 23:27, George Diamantopoulos
>     <georgediam at gmail.com <mailto:georgediam at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         Hello Federico,
>
>         Thanks for the reply. I'm on 5.1.0-rc2.
>
>         BR,
>         George
>
>         On 2 December 2017 at 22:36, Federico Cabiddu
>         <federico.cabiddu at gmail.com
>         <mailto:federico.cabiddu at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>             Hi,
>             which Kamailio version are you using?
>             Dispatcher's algorithm 12 is available in master/5.1-dev.
>             The default behaviour of the module is to pick the first
>             destination in the set if the selected algorithm is
>             unknown: http://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/5.0.x/modules/dispatcher.html#dispatcher.f.ds_select_dst
>             <http://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/5.0.x/modules/dispatcher.html#dispatcher.f.ds_select_dst>.
>
>             Regards,
>
>             Federico
>
>             On 2 Dec 2017 21:28, "George Diamantopoulos"
>             <georgediam at gmail.com <mailto:georgediam at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>                 Hello all,
>
>                 I've been trying to use dispatcher's algorithm "12" to
>                 fork REGISTER messages constructed with uac module to
>                 all destinations within a set.
>
>                 However, the request is routed to only one
>                 destination. Is anything else needed in addition to
>                 calling ds_select_dst("0", "12") in the configuration
>                 script? Thanks.
>
>                 BR,
>                 George

Daniel-Constantin Mierla