[SR-Users] Set up caller ID

Daniel Tryba d.tryba at pocos.nl
Wed Aug 23 10:21:51 CEST 2017

On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 04:28:35PM +0200, Nelson Migliaro wrote:
> I am using the uac_replace_from function but I would like to pull the
> caller id from a database to set up the number based on the sip vendor the
> call is forwarded
>
> What would be the correct way to do that?
>
> I was thinking of:
>
> sql_query("ca", "select ddi from ddi_table where xxx= $rU limit 1", "ra");
> $avp(dnis) = $dbr(ra=>[0,0]);
> sql_result_free("ra");

Don't get what you are trying to do here, you are looking at the called
"number" ($rU) to find a callerID for the caller!

> But I am afraid of causing a bottheneck on the database.

Sure a database lookup would be the slowest/most time consuming part of
handling the transaction, but you'd have to handle lots of calls before
it will be the actual bottleneck. You could populate a $sht() variable
( http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules/htable.html )
instead to keep this data in memory, or use an external key/value memory
database like redis.