[SR-Users] UAC random_delay not that random

Ivo Vastert i.vastert at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 12:48:25 CEST 2017

Hi,

I'm using the UAC module in Kamailio to setup about 500 outbound
registration towards a single host.
The issue I'm currently experiencing is that when we start Kamailio all
this 500 registrations are initiated at once towards the host which can't
handle all the requests at the same time.

Therefor I tried to spread the registrations using the reg_random_delay
function:
modparam("uac", "reg_random_delay", 60)

I would expect that this would spread the registrations over about a minute
but in reality the numbers are sprad as follow:

2017/08/09 21:59:14: 301
 2017/08/09 21:59:15: 332
 2017/08/09 21:59:16: 253
 2017/08/09 21:59:18: 120