[SR-Users] RTPEngine recording

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Sat Aug 12 21:19:23 CEST 2017

I have succeeded in prototyping a recording setup using the 'proc'
method.

However, I've got one issue I can't seem to figure out. On inbound calls
only, the inbound (caller) leg on the PSTN side seems to show up
interleaved/stuttered in the recording, and also slowed down
considerably. This does not happen on outbound calls to the same
endpoint, only inbound. The anomalies do not manifest when playing back
the audio in Wireshark. The anomalies persist regardless of whether WAV
or MP3 output is used.

RTPEngine & recording-daemon are running on a KVM VM. I haven't tried
running on bare metal or other VM technology to reproduce. Build is with
ffmpeg libraries from rpmfusion for the reasons discussed here:

https://github.com/sipwise/rtpengine/issues/372

-- Alex

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)