[SR-Users] RTPEngine recording

Richard Fuchs rfuchs at sipwise.com
Thu Aug 10 18:22:32 CEST 2017

On 10/08/17 11:40 AM, Alberto Llamas wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> I had the opportunity to play around with this recording and it works
> very well. We have it implemented on production by the way.
>
> The information about how it works, recording formats you can find in
> the README here (https://github.com/sipwise/rtpengine).
>
> Once you have the recording you need a third-party tool to convert
> those files to a wav format for instance. It depends on the codec the
> call is being recorded the convert tool you have to use like ffmpeg.

There's actually two distinct recording methods implemented. The one
you're describing simply outputs pcap files containing the raw packets
involved in the call. The other method involves the aforementioned
external recording daemon, which is able to output recordings in a
variety of formats. Currently supported is audio output in WAV or MP3
files. Video is also not yet supported (but will be in the future).

Cheers