[SR-Users] Kamailio: how to route RTP media directly to endpoint

Mojtaba mespio at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 06:59:08 CEST 2017

Hi,
It is better if you want route RTP directly between UA, Dont route the
calls to Asterisk, And do this like below:
UAC1---sip---->kamailio--------->UAC2
In asterisk, there is directmedia options for handle RTP.
Be notice you should use STUN in this regards. becuase of type of nats
in clients, you have some challenge.

On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 6:18 PM, wsotest.512 <wsotest.512 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We have usual config Kamailio + Asterisk where Kamailio play as sip and rtp
> proxy. Kamailio have public IP, asterisk – no. All calls between clients now
> going like that:
>

> UserA ---sip--> Kamailio --> Asterisk --> UserB
>
>            \-rtp--> Kamailio (rtpproxy) --> Asterisk --> UserB
>

> All clients of course from Internet and behind Nat. Main problem is amount
> of traffic going through Kamailio and Asterisk. We need to pay for every
> additional GB behind limit in tariff plan to hosting provider.
>
> So we decided to try route all rtp traffic between users directly.
>

> UserA ---sip--> Kamailio --> Asterisk --> UserB
>
>            \-rtp--> --> --> UserB
>

> Is it possible at all? Maybe someone already did it …
>

> --
>
> BR, Alex

--Mojtaba Esfandiari.S