[SR-Users] Kamailio: how to route RTP media directly to endpoint

wsotest.512 wsotest.512 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 15:48:02 CEST 2017

Hi all,

We have usual config Kamailio + Asterisk where Kamailio play as sip and rtp
proxy. Kamailio have public IP, asterisk - no. All calls between clients now
going like that:

UserA ---sip--> Kamailio --> Asterisk --> UserB

           \-rtp--> Kamailio (rtpproxy) --> Asterisk --> UserB

All clients of course from Internet and behind Nat. Main problem is amount
of traffic going through Kamailio and Asterisk. We need to pay for every
additional GB behind limit in tariff plan to hosting provider.

So we decided to try route all rtp traffic between users directly.

UserA ---sip--> Kamailio --> Asterisk --> UserB

           \-rtp--> --> --> UserB

Is it possible at all? Maybe someone already did it .

--

BR, Alex