[SR-Users] T.38 fax, rtpproxy, re-invite

Yu Boot yu at yu-boot.ru
Wed Aug 2 12:02:10 CEST 2017

Hello. I'm using almost default kamailio.cfg with nathelper, rtpproxy,
PSTN dialing and other default features. I have following scheme:

FXS gateway -> (NAT) -> Kamailio -> FreeSwitch

Voice calls work perfectly, no one-direction sound and so on.

But with fax machine there was a problem. In wireshark I saw UDPTL from
FS to Kamailio IP, and no UDPTL at all to FXS gw. I've guessed that
something's wrong with a re-INVITE request processing in Kamailio. I've
added this to WITHINDLG route:

                 else if ( is_method("INVITE") ) {
                         record_route();

}

And problem was magically solved, T.38 now works OK. Is this OK solution
or this may break something elsewhere?

Thanks.