[SR-Users] NOTIFY request from PCSCF is on TCP transport rather than UDP

Haggerty, Paul (phaggert) phaggert at harris.com
Thu Apr 20 19:58:00 CEST 2017

Hello,

I've got an IMS client which uses UDP for transport. Our application server is also using UDP. We are using a Kamailio IMS Core.  The client REGISTERS with UDP and also does a SUBSCRIBE. Our application server responds with a NOTIFY to the client. Looking at the trace. The messages between the PCSCF and SCSCF are TCP. The REGISTER and SUBSCRIBE responses to the client from the PCSCF are UDP (which I would expect). However, when the PCSCF get the NOTIFY is tries to open a TCP connection to the Client. (I assume to send a NOTIFY).

Any ideas of what is happening here? I'm fairly new to the Kamailio IMS. I am more familiar with the Open IMS Core. (which is not having this issue).

Thanks,
Paul