[SR-Users] too long mysql table key

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Sat Apr 15 08:55:14 CEST 2017

Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:

> As I said, I haven't added this table, nor use it, my guess was that
> this constraint is to avoid having same (did,name,value) more than
> once.

I have used domain_attrs to store properties that are common to all
users of the domain, e.g., which lcr index (= set of pstn gws) they
use, but I could imagine also something with multiple values, such as
which geoip countries users of the domain can place calls.

> It doesn't seem to be an index for the purpose of searching. If it loads
> by did, then an index on did would be recommended, however, if it loads
> all records at once and just groups by did in kamailio memory, then such
> index will be useful. Eventually an index on did+name would be useful
> when updating the records in database.

reload_tables() loads all records in domain_attrs table to memory and
then adds them to hash table.  There is no option for db_only operation.
So I don't see a point for such a unique index and suggest that it is
changed to non-unique index on did and name only.

-- Juha