[SR-Users] Using advertised_addres doesn't update the RR header

Mridul B mridul at plivo.com
Thu Apr 13 17:51:34 CEST 2017

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the clarification, this really helps.

In the doc, it says that using advertised_address param should take care of
the RR (other destination lumps).

<goog_30153741>
https://www.kamailio.org/wiki/cookbooks/5.0.x/core#advertised_address

I think the doc should be updated with your example.

listen=udp:x.x.x.x:5060 advertise x.x.x.x:5060

This works perfectly when the machine instance has VIP as public IP.

@Ivo:  record_route_advertised_address() also works in replacing the RR.

Thanks for the help.

Best regards,
MRIDUL