[SR-Users] Authentication on Kamailio with MySQL

Nicolas Pace nico at libre.ws
Mon Apr 10 22:08:09 CEST 2017

Hi everyone,

I'm having some trouble setting up a simple Kamailio installation with
user authentication.
I've installed a kamailio (4.3.4) base install on an ubuntu server
16.04 (x86/64) on virtualbox, and added this lines at the beginning of
the file:

```
#!KAMAILIO

#! define WITH_MYSQL
#! define WITH_AUTH
#! define WITH_USRLOCDB
```

Also configured the db name, host, user and pass for RO and RW and run
`kamdbctl create`.

Everything I do was following this tutorial:
http://www.kamailio.org/wiki/tutorials/getting-started/main

Based on what the tutorial says, I should have a server that only
allows users that have been authenticated against the DB.

The thing is that now Kamailio allows me to access, no matter what
credentials I gave him (replies 200 OK to my REGISTER requests, and
whows the user on the `kamctl monitor` view).

I've added to this gist:
* My current kamailio config
* the kamailio grepped syslog
* the pjsua output from when I register with an unexistent user
https://gist.github.com/nicopace/9d44bf813fe309df69ff4cd0affe8324

I've already checked out some of the wiki documentation, namely:
* http://www.kamailio.org/wiki/tutorials/auth/auth_db
* http://www.kamailio.org/wiki/tutorials/getting-started/main

Am I missing something?

Thanks