[SR-Users] Introduction

Nicolas Pace nico at libre.ws
Mon Apr 10 14:20:54 CEST 2017

Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to introduce myself, before blasting the list with
questions (just kidding!).

My name is Nicolás Pace, I'm a Community Networks advocate from
Argentina.
I'm working on a community project for Rhizomatica [0], which is an
amazing organization that promotes Community Cellular Networks for
underserved communities in Latin America (mainly mexican's first
nations but also in Nicaragua, Colombia nad Brazil).
We are working on a mobile app to connect the Community Cellular
Networks (that uses 2G Cellular Networks) with the rest of the world
via SIP, and we are considering using Kamailio for this.

The project has been using FreeSwitch for some time and now we are
thinking about using Kamailio on the cloud side, and intengrate them
via SIP. On a not so distant future, if the Kamailio experience goes
well, we are thinking on moving everything to Kamailio, as it seems to
be much more simple and effective.

For now we expect to do a prototype to connect this communities with
their relatives via SMS (on the Cellular side) with SIP SIMPLE Messages
(on the 'cloud' side).

Awesome to meet you all, and hope to be collaborating with this
community!

Regards,

[0] https://www.rhizomatica.org/