[SR-Users] RTPengine + kernel module long call RTP drops

Anthony Joseph Messina amessina at messinet.com
Wed Apr 5 21:54:08 CEST 2017

On Wednesday, April 5, 2017 2:24:12 PM CDT Richard Fuchs wrote:
> On 05/04/17 02:53 PM, Anthony Joseph Messina wrote:

> >> A good place to start is to inspect /proc/rtpengine/0/list and check the
> >> packet and byte counters for the respective local ports. This way you
> >> can check if incoming packets are actually arriving at rtpengine.
> >
> > Thanks, Richard. I am amidst a call right now which shows it's kernelized.
> > The output from cat /proc/rtpengine/0/list shows nothing changing
> > throughout the call (after repeating the command).
>
> That means your iptables rule isn't effective. Packets don't get
> delivered to the RTPENGINE iptables target. That doesn't explain audio
> stopping but that's the first thing you should fix.

You are correct about that.  firewalld inserts

-A INPUT -m conntrack --ctstate RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT

as the first rule in the INPUT chain, so it never got to my

-A INPUT_direct -p udp -m udp -j RTPENGINE --id 0

The following works at least for the kernel module part...
firewall-cmd --permanent --direct --passthrough ipv4 -I INPUT -p udp -m udp -j
RTPENGINE --id 0

firewall-cmd --permanent --direct --passthrough ipv6 -I INPUT -p udp -m udp -j
RTPENGINE --id 0

--
Anthony - https://messinet.com/ - https://messinet.com/~amessina/gallery
F9B6 560E 68EA 037D 8C3D  D1C9 FF31 3BDB D9D8 99B6