[SR-Users] nathelper: ping options over tcp

Nathan Ward nward at daork.net
Wed Apr 5 15:19:17 CEST 2017

> On 6/04/2017, at 1:12 AM, Abdoul Osséni <abdoul.osseni at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks.
>
> This is a network capture taken on Kamailio server that showing VSS Monitoring ethernet.

Perhaps your service provider is adding it or something then, but that would be very unusual. I would have a chat with your network team and make sure you’re not on some kind of tap device port somehow.

> This is not a LAN network. UAC is on Internet behind a NAT device so I can't capture the traffic in the network.

Can you capture the UAC traffic locally on the UAC network?

> According your message, you think UAC send close notify alerts even during during the call establishment?

That makes the most sense so me from the capture provided, yes. I can’t imagine an intermediary device would send these, as they have a functional impact that is different to an intermediary device sending an RST.

--
Nathan Ward